Planned Parenthood South Atlantic website
- 105 Newsom Street Suite 101, Durham NC 27704
- 1765 Dobbins Drive, Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Durham: Mon closed; Tues 8am-1pm; Wed 2pm-7pm; Thurs 2pm-7pm; Fri 8am-1pm; Sat 9am-2pm; Sun closed
- Chapel Hill: Mon 11am-7pm; Tues 9am-5pm; Wed 11am-7pm; Thurs 9am-3pm; Fri 8am-4pm; Sat 8am-1pm; Sun closed
Appointments for PrEP are an average of 60 mins from arrival to discharge.
Clinic is currently completely booked about 2 weeks in advance, but patients seeking PrEP are able to come in as Walk-Ins as long as they come in within the first two hours of clinic.
- Durham clinic: (919) 833-7526 ext 5411
- Chapel Hill clinic: (919) 933-5270
- Daniela mobile: (919) 869-4786
Parking is free at both locations
- Durham location offers: abortion referral, birth control (including emergency contraception), HIV testing, STI testing and treatment, PrEP, pregnancy testing, HPV vaccine, breast exams, cervical cancer screenings, pap tests, routine physicals for women age 21 and older, colposcopy, UTI testing and treatment
- Chapel Hill location offers: same as listed above and also medication abortion and in-clinic abortion, gender-affirming hormone therapy
Labs are ordered on first visit, patient returns to clinic a week after for test results and Truvada Rx. Financial assistance for Rx is faxed out to Advancing Access Assistance on first visit. Patient also should be returning for follow up every 3 months after.
What to bring:
ID, Insurance card (if any)
All our Clinicians are approved to provide PrEP services.
- Prompt Pay charges for initial and second visit, including labs are around $180. Other follow up visits (every 3 months) are minimum $52.
- Title X funds available at Durham location (funds for low-income, uninsured, or under-insured patients) but Title X does NOT cover PrEP.
Translation for Spanish speaking patients is done by Health Care Assistants, all others, we use a Language Line service.